Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: Birthday Marathon!

I guess 30 doesn't look so bad when you have a wedding to look forward to!
It's no big secret that Monday birthdays can be a drag. But not this year!  My mother (God bless her!) gave birth to me on September 2, 1983, thereby ensuring my 30th birthday would fall on a holiday this year... and ironically, "Labor" Day at that! 

Such a milestone birthday deserved a monumental celebration. And celebrate we did! The weekend included a bike ride over the bridge under the stars with my handsome man, two (yes, two!) amazing Italian meals, a game of GIANT Jenga, cornhole and cocktails under the bright blue Brooklyn skies (with amazing retro DJ included), fried chicken and waffles at Sweet Chick in Williamsburg (hey, it was my birthday!), wine and cheese on the rooftop of Eataly, spa pedicures WITH the extra 10 minute leg massage (you know what I'm talking about ladies!), rainy day shopping in Soho and the most amazing dinner at Hundred Acres in the West Village.

In the words of a Certified Health Coach, "I'm having so much fun that I might need to consider a juice cleanse this week!". 

Thank you for all your birthday wishes... I feel so LOVED and super thankful to be surrounded by such amazing people! Seriously!

A midnight stroll in the city!
My very own front row seat to "Newsies".
I'm a lucky girl.
A very competitive game of Giant Jenga...
... the potential for bodily harm makes it very costly to lose.
Embracing Adam's Indiana roots with a game of cornhole...
...then embracing mine with a dinner of fried chicken and waffles.
They're probably going to kill me for this one, but at least they kept it studly by doing
 their fantasy football draft during, right?
The first creature to wish me Happy Birthday with a solid snuggle.
Starting the day with cards and cafe Americano...
...and finishing it with farm-to-table steak and seafood at Hundred Acres.
Tomorrow I'm treating YOU to the most delicious recipe for dairy-free, gluten-free quesadillas! Stay tuned!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment