Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: Juicin' It to the Farmer's Market


I'm sure you've figured it out by now. I'm obsessed with the farmer's market. I'm not going to even try to deny it. It's cheap, it's fresh and it makes me feel 'organic' and 'earthy' (two terms my brother uses to describe me, hoping to get under my skin).

So this weekend on our way to the Grand Army Plaza farmer's market (which is basically uphill both ways in 90 degree weather and 100% humidity), we decided to check out one of the newest restaurants to pop up on Fifth Avenue in Park Slope, called Brooklyn Crepe and Juice Bar. Pretty simple stuff... crepes and juices.

I've never been one to 'juice it', but I gave it a fighting chance and I have to say, my Cucumber-Apple-Mint juice was quite tasty. They juiced it right in front of me, and it was a good feeling to know EXACTLY what went into my drink. As for Adam, he tried the 'Super Green', which was a winning combination of celery, kale, cucumber, spinach, parsley, and apple. I wasn't quite sure how his combo of choice would work out for him, but I have to say it was almost better than mine! 

We slurped those juices down and arrived at the farmer's market refreshed and energized... and ready to spend some cash! We indulged in summer squash, sweet corn, fresh tomatoes, green beans, peaches, blueberries and blackberries. Check out the yummy goodness below...


...almost as good as my Granddaddy's garden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment