Thursday, October 4, 2012

Advice From The Experts: Mixing Up Your Workout

I'll be honest. One of the things I really need to work on is variety in my workouts. I'm a runner and a biker...that's about it, minus the occasional yoga pose. I used to consider myself a swimmer, but you try finding an inexpensive pool to join in NYC. Hard, right?

A few years ago (in an effort to cross-train), I started experimenting with yoga... on YouTube nonetheless. I wanted to see what it was all about before making the big leap and going to an ACTUAL class. I was amazed at how quickly my body transformed. I always thought that yoga wasn't a real workout. Boy, was I wrong! The changes in my body were almost immediate and my body felt better and better as I continued to do it.

Tomorrow, I've asked Dani Pallo to contribute because she has a lot to say about yoga. In addition to being a cycling instructor at Flywheel Sports Atlanta (alongside regular contributor, David Prado), Dani is a self-professed yoga junkie. She's a big believer in what it can do for you physically and mentally. Tomorrow, she'll explain to all you naysayers out there why yoga is to be taken seriously and why you should work it into your exercise regimen.

So grab a mat, take a deep breath and get ready for tomorrow's article. You don't want to miss it!


No comments:

Post a Comment