Thursday, November 29, 2012

Advice From The Experts: Pill Poppin'

Uncle Dave and Aunt Lenor (circa my choking incident)
My love for bagels is dangerous, especially since I'm a future health coach. I ate a lot of bagels growing up. Frankly, it's no surprise I moved to a city known for it's amazing bagels. My love runs deep... 

...in fact, it almost killed me.

When I was 11 months old, I almost choked to death on a bagel. As I started to turn a lovely shade of blue-grey in my highchair, my uncle Dave jumped to action and cleared my air passage! I could say it was a coincidence that my Physician Assistant uncle and nurse aunt just happened to be at the table with me, but then, who would I be kidding? Uncle Dave knew just what to do... and as a result, I'm here today to spread the good word about health (aka. stay away from bagels).

I've asked my uncle Dave to be tomorrow's guest contributor. In addition to being a pretty cool uncle (he is a classically trained pianist, played in a cover band, is an avid fly fisher and a fantastic cook), he is also very wise! Dave is a practicing Physician Assistant in Western Massachusetts and is clearly my first point of contact when I need medical advice (he probably  knows way more about me than he'd ever wish to).

Tomorrow he will be sharing his thoughts on the dangers of abusing prescription drugs. Now we're not talking Xanax, Percocet or Valium. No, we're referring to your run-of-the-mill antibiotics. The kind we are all so quick to run to the doctor for! 

Stay tuned for Dave's article tomorrow! It might make you look at your medications a bit differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment