Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up: People Lookin' to Party!


Some weekends are just so awesome that they make all the other weekends of your life look completely lame. This weekend was one of them. My sweet friends Sarah Kagan and Andrea Ryan threw an engagement party for Adam and I. While originally planned for the park, the horrendous temperatures forced us indoors to celebrate at The Gibson in Williamsburg… but we didn't let that stop us!

Our little corner, pre-party... before it was bombarded with delicious finger foods!
There were cute decorations, amazing homemade delicacies, temporary finger mustache tattoos (yes, we are almost 30) and fun party accessories. I spent half the night assuring people that I wasn’t in fact celebrating my Bachelorette weekend WITH the groom in tow, as suggested by my pink princess crown.

No party is complete without a fashionable mustache.
We were so blessed to be surrounded by all our favorite people who made us feel truly loved and celebrated! If these are the folks coming to our wedding, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be amazing!

Thank you to everyone who came out and helped organize this unforgettable night!
Oh, and… P.S. You know you’ve had a successful night when you end up busting a move latenight to the sweet grooves of the 90’s with a glow stick in one hand and a cocktail in the other!

Me and Party Host #1 - Andrea Ryan...
...and Party Host #2/Chef-Extraordinaire - Sarah Kagan
Two lovely bridesmaids-to-be.
This man contributed watermelon soaked in cheap vodka. It's safe to say we've all given up vodka... AND watermelon. Thanks, Ty!
Recovering on the rooftop Sunday morning with my bestie.
Then back at it Sunday night at Mercury Lounge to see our friend Cory Sterling's band Blank Paper! Yes, I'll be asking for a "keytar" for my birthday. How awesome is that?!?
This week, I have some amazing posts for you starting with a rockin’ recipe for Vegan Pad Thai tomorrow! In the meantime, check out Sarah’s post yesterday on Beyond The Batter, featuring her amazing baked falafel from the party! It was muy delicioso and I'm pretty sure she deserves a few more site visits today after slaving away in her kitchen making falafel for me on the hottest day of the year so far!

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment