Thursday, August 23, 2012

Advice From The Experts: Weight Loss Wonder Woman!

Why is it that men just drop pounds without even trying? They could eat Doritos all day long, while simultaneously watching football and playing HALO, and still magically retain their Adonis figures (blatant generalization here, I'm aware...just go with it).

As a woman, this has forever frustrated me. Angered me even. Made me as hot as a firecracker on the 4th of July. It's JUST NOT FAIR that it's so much harder for us to lose a little weight!

That's why I'm in a continual state of awe of tomorrow's guest contributor, Jennifer Swafford. Let me set the scene... I met Jennifer almost a decade ago, when she commissioned me to paint a mural on her elementary school classroom wall. She was (and still is) a teacher and one of the most bubbly and warm people you will ever meet. In fact, she's so great at her job that she was named Teacher of the Year by her school in 2008-2009. 

From the outside, Jennifer seemed to have it all together... a great job, a strong marriage and a positive outlook on life, but she discovered that one piece of the puzzle was missing. She weighed in on the scale at 280 pounds and just didn't feel that good!

I don't want to give too much away, as it's much better to hear the story from her, but Jennifer has been on an incredible weight loss journey for the last few years. Her story is so inspiring (even for those who don't need to lose weight) because she turned her weight loss into something much larger than just size alone. She now uses her journey to inspire thousands... and has even been recognized for it!

I should stop before I spill the beans, but be sure to check out Jennifer's article tomorrow. She has a lot to share!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I love and appreciate your writing. I freak out if I go a little too long without being in the gym. For a long time it was all about getting the weight off because I was 240 pounds at my heaviest, and now I'm around 175, so the majority of that weight loss was due to diet and exercise.
    Thanks mates,
    Zena

    ReplyDelete