Thursday, August 23, 2012

Music For The Music Weary: Prado's 'Dangerously Fit' Top 10

Image courtesy of reserveresult.com
I don't know about you, but I'm absolutely and utterly fed up with the workout mix on my iPhone. Every morning I run to the same songs on repeat, and it's about to put me in the grave. As the line from the movie Sandlot so eloquently conveys... "I CAN'T TAKE THIS NO MORE!".

So who do I call when I'm in a pickle such as this? None other than the master of music mixes... the sensai of song... the lord of lyrics... That's right, you guessed it! Guest Contributor David Prado! Prado ALWAYS has a solid jam to offer in a crunch.

For today's post, Prado put together a rockin' playlist for your listening pleasure. It might even make you want to workout. So lace up those running shoes... grab some hydration... and hit 'play'!

And if you want more 'Prado jams', check him out at Flywheel Atlanta: http://atlanta.flywheelsports.com/instructors/david-prado


Now, a word from Prado...

Image courtesy of hommesdefemmes.com
"You know that friend you have who's always talking about the latest and greatest jam? They're always trying to make you listen to new lyrics? Well, that's NOT me. Don't get me wrong, I love music and I'm passionate about it, but I believe if the music is good, it will speak for itself.

You know you have a good song on your hands when your carpool buddy asks you to crank up your recently added playlist. If afterwards, they ask you where you got it, who sings it and when it came out, YOU, my friend, did something right. If you're getting no response, let it slide. Some people just can't workout to Elton John... ain't gonna happen.

I am partial to mashups. For the pop culture-challenged, I give you a definition: a combination of two or more songs mixed into one. My favoritism may be partially due to the fact that I have A.D.D. or the fact that I need to cram in as many songs as possible during a workout. Or maybe it's the fact that once I'm done with a day's worth of law classes, I need to fill my brain with as much TMZ, Entertainment Tonight and trendy music as possible to wash away my law school blues. Whatever the case may be, I hope you guys enjoy the jams. The workout, at least for now, I leave to you."




David Prado is a cycling instructor at Flywheel Atlanta, personal trainer and general fitness enthusiast. On his days off, he can be found on his road bike, biking more miles than you've ever thought possible in one day. He also makes a mean mojito and dances salsa like a pro, thereby making him one of the most eligible bachelors in the Atlanta area.

2 comments:

  1. David legit has THE BEST music. I keep wanting him to share his playlists after EVERY CLASS!! Thanks for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to take credit for Prado's playlist mastery, but if I did, I'd be lying. I was a spin groupie of his for years when I lived in Georgia! He's the absolute best! :) Thanks for reading the blog, Barbie! He will definitely be a regular contributor!

      Delete