Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday Splurge: Rosewater (Park Slope, Brooklyn)

Image courtesy of yelp.com
I should only have to say one thing to make you fully understand my love for this place - Rosewater makes me want to get up early on a Saturday morning. I'm the crazy woman who wakes up at 5 am every day during the workweek, so I clearly value my ZZZ's on the weekend. I don't roll out of bed for just your average restaurant. It takes much, much more.

Rosewater is a seasonal American restaurant in Park Slope that serves up local, regional, organic and sustainably raised food. The menu is constantly changing so it's almost impossible to get the 'same old thing' everytime, which is GREAT NEWS for creatures of habit like myself who need to branch out and try new dishes! They also have a $15 pre-fixe brunch which includes a non-alcoholic beverage (see? we don't always have to drink at brunch) and an entree.

I started off with a hot Sencha tea, which is a fancy sounding name for a Japanese green tea. Adam chose an iced Darjeeling tea, a refreshing black tea from India. They sat us on the front porch, which has the feel of a beautiful garden - lots of hanging plants, potted plants and flowers. Minus the girls sitting next to us going on and on about Channing Tatum's body in 'Magic Mike', it was the perfect spot to people watch and enjoy a leisurely brunch.


For my entree, I ordered the baked polenta and goat cheese with poached eggs, broccoli raab and a cherry tomato vinaigrette. When I took a bite, I was glad I was sitting down because I got a little weak in the knees. It was deliciously light and flavorful.


Adam was a little more adventurous and ordered the smoked yellowfin tuna cake with poached eggs, chipotle aioli and a leafy green salad. I don't know about you, but I'm not aching to wake up and eat sea creatures first thing in the morning. I was a bit weary of the fish dish, but I have to say, it was deceptively non-fishy and the chipotle aioli was to die for! Poor Adam... I kept dipping my toast in his sauce, leaving him with three bites of tuna cake and nothing to drench them in. I'm a horrible girlfriend.


If you can identify a good restaurant by the number of people idly standing around outside, then Rosewater's got it going on. Prepare to wait, but I promise it's worth it!


Rosewater
787 Union Street (at 6th Avenue)
Brooklyn, NY 11217
718.783.3800


No comments:

Post a Comment