Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: My Happy Place

This weekend, I decided to focus on relaxation. I have a bit of an OCD problem. I live and die by my to-do lists, scrawled half-legibly across multiple post-it notes and stuck to my computer. It's very hard for me to just sit down, relax and do something I enjoy. So, after two weeks of moving, unpacking and settling in, I decided this weekend needed to be different.

Maybe some of you have the same problem. You find it hard to give yourself any 'me' time because you have a million other things you should be doing. Honestly though, that to-do list will always be a mile long. Life is one big to-do list. So before you spend your whole life running around like a chicken with your head cut off, remember to stop every once in awhile, smell the roses, do something you love, meet up with a friend for a coffee and a chat, and maybe even take a mid-day nap. These are the beautiful moments in life that we sometimes miss when we're being too OCD for our own good.

I know it's Monday and we're all back at it, but I encourage you to find a way to feed your soul today.

And now, my weekend in pictures...

The view from my new bedroom window. A very nice sight to wake up to.
The view from my living room window, facing west, meaning I get fantastic sunsets.
What's a Saturday morning without a hot cup of joe? Cafe Dada did the trick.
Man, I love my neighborhood... so many cool brownstones and beautiful, old trees.
The Grand Army Plaza Farmer's Market was rockin' this weekend... fall crops are here!
Just look at these peppers! Ay yi yi!
The apples were looking crisp and tasty!
These little girls were pumped about the pumpkins. 
The Indian corn pretty much makes fall official.
...Same goes for the autumn-colored mums.
Isn't this just the cutest? They sell milk in a bottle like the old days.
You gotta get free range pork if you're gonna make....
...homemade pulled pork! Nice job, Adam. Perfect game day food.
My favorite farmer's market booth.
...and the flowers I took home with me. Aren't they just beautiful?
Shopping on Smith Street (Oh Brooklyn Industries, why are you so pricy?)
A lazy Sunday morning
Watching Felix Baumgartner skydive from the edge of space (I'd hate to be his mother).
He survived!!! Phew.
A quick trip to Brooklyn Homebrew for the ingredients for Adam's latest homebrew... a Belgian Dark Strong Ale.
A beer-ice bath, apparently part of the brewing process. Maybe I shouldn't have cleaned the bathroom pre-brewing.
A little late-night blogging before bed.
Oh, and I saw John Mayer this weekend. His Escalade almost ran us over. Man, oh man, if my camera hadn't been deep inside my purse, that would've been some good blog material!

Oh well... can't win 'em all!

No comments:

Post a Comment