Thursday, December 6, 2012

Advice From The Experts: Pond Hopper

Tomorrow's guest contributor and I go way back... ten years to be exact. I met Bennett Golder on the very first day of my freshman year at Wheeler High School in Marietta, Georgia. It was kind of hard not to notice Bennett's snarky sense of humor and bubbly personality. If it wasn't for Bennett, I probably wouldn't have made it through Mrs. Frazer's Freshman English class without stabbing a pencil through my eye (yes, it was THAT fascinating). Bennett sat behind me and spent the entirety of the movie Romeo and Juliet cracking jokes into my ear and scrawling notes to me on his textbook - a textbook we later learned would be returned to the same Mrs. Frazer at the end of the year. Yikes. We didn't call her 'Frazer like a razor' for nothing.

A few years ago, Bennett crossed the big pond and made a life for himself in London. While I've taken up short-term residence in foreign countries before, I have always dreamed of jumping ship and actually doing it long-term! Tomorrow, Bennett is going to share what he's learned from his experiences in London and how living there has given him an outside perspective on his red, white and blue roots. It'll be a fun read for sure! Stay tuned for Bennett's article tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment