Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Vacation Wrap-Up: Drumroll Please...


So, in case you missed it, I went to California last week for vacation. While it was a lovely trip in and of itself (hello, 70 degree weather), something very special happened that will make it one of the best trips EVER. On Sunday, Adam and I headed out early to drive down the Pacific Coast with my friend Marissa. We stopped in Santa Cruz (marveling at people fortunate enough to be wearing bathing suits in March), Carmel (enjoying a glass of wine on the 18th green of Pebble Beach) and finally Big Sur (taking in the beautiful sites of the Pacific coastline). 


After a few hours spent in the car choreographing a dance to TLC's 'No Scrubs' (and also making Adam very miserable), the three of us decided to stretch our legs on a hike leading out to a beautiful point overlooking the Pacific in Andrew Molera State Park. When we reached the cliff, Marissa (being the natural photographer that she is) suggested that we walk out to the edge for a picture. After taking in the beautiful landscape, I turned around to find Adam on one knee, asking me to be his wife!


He's crazy!!!!

And of course, I said 'yes'! Well, before I said that, I think I said something to the effect of 'Are you kidding me?'. But when he flashed the ring and it shimmered in the breathtaking California sunshine, I knew he hadn't obtained it from a vending machine. This must be real.

Earth to Lauren, you're being proposed to.


Then of course, I turn around to find Marissa capturing every second of it on camera... non-waterproof mascara and all.

I am a very lucky girl to be spending the rest of my life with my best friend Adam Rust. His love for me is unconditional... tried and true. He makes me laugh. He holds my hand. He forgives me. Sometimes he even lets me throw myself a good old-fashioned pity party. And for all that, I love him just as much in return and can't wait to share my life with him.

Moral of the story? When your boyfriend asks you to wear something nice for your hiking trip, you should probably take a hint and wear something nice (instead of a baseball tee, his old sweatshirt and your ancient Asic tigers).

...You just might be getting engaged.



 


And of course, they'd been planning it all along!





2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so happy for you, Lauren! Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like an amazing day!!

    ReplyDelete