Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Come in. Take a load off. Have a look around.



'THE FUN GIRLS' - From the left: My mother Sharon, 'yours truly' and my aunt Lenor (circa 1984).

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Isn't that the truth? I come from a long line of health-obsessed people, including my mother Sharon, a personal trainer and whole foods supplement sales rep, my brother Cale, a now retired professional mixed martial arts fighter and state-ranked swimmer and my father Johnny, always and ever the coach of baseball teams, basketball teams and any other teams that needed his expert insight (which was usually something along the lines of 'Be aggressive!!!'). As a young child, I was 'forced' outside every single day after school by my mother. Being the nerdy kid that I was, I was happy as a bumblebee to just stay indoors... drawing, painting OR EVEN working on my homework as soon as I got home, but mom held to the conviction that children need lots of fresh air and exercise. I'm pretty sure she played a big part in instilling in me the desire to exercise, eat healthy and care for my mental and spiritual well-being. 


I've created this page because I love nutrition, health and fitness. I'm a runner, biker, swimmer, hiker, surfer, skydiver... you name it! I want to help YOU feed your body, mind and spirit. I'll be posting helpful and surprising information on food, exercise, stress-relief techniques and all those other important things you should know to live a long, healthy and happy life!

But I don't want to be the only teacher! I want this page to be a forum where we can all learn from each other. So 'comment' away OR if you'd like to be a guest writer, let me know!


...and remember to forgive me when I post the occasional splurge. Because it's all about balance and this girl can't turn down good food and wine! I live in New York City, after all.







No comments:

Post a Comment